PetPace Ltd. (“PetPace”, “we”, “our”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users (“users”, “you”). The following information describes how PetPace collects and processes information about you when you use our Services and Platform (as defined below).
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- How we secure your information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
PetPace provides remote pet health and well-being monitoring solutions that track vital signs and other physiological and behavioral data in real-time utilizing advanced analytical methods and alerting models (“Services”). The Services include a wireless non-invasive PetPace collar that features an array of sensors that continuously monitor dogs or cats biometrics and location (“Collar”). The Collar collects the pet’s data such as temperature, activity, pulse, respiration, postures and GPS location (“Pet’s Data”). Such Pet’s Data is being analyzed and displayed to users via the PetPace’s mobile application (“Platform”). In addition, the Platform enables users in case they require, to share the Pet’s Data with third parties, such as veterinarians, and contact PetPace for information.
3. Collecting Information
When you use the Platform and Services, some information may be automatically collected, and some is collected when you interact with our Platform. Information from which you can be personally identified may be collected, including but not limited to your name and email address (hereinafter: “Personal Information”).
The type of information that may be automatically collected is non-personal information, which includes your session durations, information about your Device and your internet connection and the frequency and scope of your use of the Platform.
PetPace shall only collect your Personal Information for the provision of the Services and Platform, via the methods detailed below:
- Sign Up to use the Platform
If you wish to sign up to the Platform, we will collect your Personal Information such as full name, email address, phone number and selected password.
- Logging-in to use the Platform
If you wish to log-in to use the Platform, we will collect your email address and selected password.
- Profile Information
When we set your user profile, we may collect your full name, email address, phone number, time zone, and address.
- Contact Support
- The Provision of the Services
If you wish to use the Services, we may collect Personal Information such as your Device location, the location of the Collar. Please note that when we collect Pet’s Data, some information which may include Personal Information may be inferred about you, as Pet Data driven from behavioral characteristics can imply on behavioral activity that may be associated with you.
4. Use of Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Platform and Services you are provided with or wish to be provided with.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the requested Services and provision of the Platform.
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on PetPace’s Platform to help provide more information on the use of our Services quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Platform to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain our compliance with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Platform, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Platform and Services to allow our users to have the best experience.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Platform and Services;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Platform and Services by enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used PetPace’s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you, provide you with relevant notifications and make the Platform more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Platform by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience on the Platform and customize our content.
5. Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries or any third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management or maintenance services. Personal Information of users of our Platform will be shared, when such sharing is required to provide the Platform and Services. We may also share your information with analytics service providers for analytics purposes. Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your Device, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Platform. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Platform and Services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Platform to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage PetPace, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Platform or a physical or property threat to you or others.
6. Your Rights
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your Personal Information. To exercise these options, you can do so via the user profile page of the mobile app, or contact us at: https://petpace.com/contact/.
In some jurisdictions, in particular but not limited to those located within the European Union (the "EU") or within the European Economic Area (the "EEA"), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
- Request confirmation of the existence of the processing.
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure or anonymization of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above or any other right you believe you have, you may contact us at: https://petpace.com/contact/.
- CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at https://petpace.com/contact/ and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
- Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to Contact Us. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
- Data Security
We deploy industry standard, or better measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of Personal Information we process. We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards, and test and update these periodically. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ‘need to know’ basis for the provision of Platform to you. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm, including with regard to notifications. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our Platform, and transmission is at the users own risk.
- Data Retention
Generally, PetPace does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Platform and Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Information, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the Personal Information is required for PetPace to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested services.
- Children’s Privacy
The Platform is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE PLATFORM, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This page was updated on June 2023.